If you hear a movie described as being about an accountant, you might think it’s a snorer, but here are some great films that cast number crunchers like the members of The United CPA Association in a much more exciting light.
- Schindler’s List – This film is based on a true story about Oskar Schindler, a German businessman and his accountant, Itzhak Stern, who make and carry out a plan to save thousands of Jewish children from perishing in Nazi concentration camps.
- Moonstruck – Cher plays bookkeeper Loretta Castorini who is diverted from her very structured life of work and home by her fiance’s dark, romantic, opera-loving brother.
- The Untouchables – This is another film that is based on a true story. Accountant Oscar Williams becomes the hero when he provides evidence of tax evasion that is the ultimate way in which gangster Al Capone is brought to justice.
- Ghostbusters – CPA Louis Tully plays a pivotal role in this horror-comedy about geeks, love and demonic possession. Don’t forget the marshmallows.
- Wall Street – In this cautionary tale about greed and ambition, it is the CPA who is the voice of wisdom.
So make some popcorn and sit back and stream some of these classic films tonight. CPAs may have a reputation for being boring, but in these flicks, they save the day.